Many people are going through the “first-time gun buyer” experience & purchasing a defensive firearm for the very first time in their lives. We dedicated this show to helping those people and helping out long time listeners educate the first time gun buyer in their lives.
Our Warrior of the Week shares a scary experience with us; catching a burglar in the act while at home. What can we learn from this situation and what ammunition is right for personal defense against all predators?
Remember, we are still running the Duracoat Badass Finish challenge. Start working on your projects and you could be a winner.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
- Moment of Silence for Kenny Ortega. R.I.P. dude
- Gun groups sue Georgia county judge for suspending concealed-carry applications m.washingtontimes.com
- Warrior of the Week
- Go to www.swatfuel.com and use Promo Code “SOTG”
- TOPIC: I carry a Smith & Wesson 329 .44 Mag, because there are bears and bobcats in my area. But with a recent incident involving a human, it made me wonder, should I start carrying something else? – From Matt Herrera
- Get a Free Bottle of 9mm+P | Question Post in The Liberty Mastermind
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question…Email info@ with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Brownells | Century Arms | Crossbreed | Duracoat | SWAT Fuel
- DuraCoat Badass Challenge – www.studentofthegun.com/news
- My First Gun: 5 Simple Steps for the First-Time Gun Buyer www.studentofthegun.com/articles
FEATURING: Washington Times, SWAT Fuel, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul G. Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Two gun rights groups filed a lawsuit Thursday against a Georgia judge who suspended concealed carry permit applications in his county, arguing that the decision violates the Second Amendment.
The Firearms Policy Coalition and the Second Amendment Foundation filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Atlanta against Cherokee County Probate Judge Keith Wood, the county itself and Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, a Republican.
The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Lisa Walters, a member of both gun groups. She said she was barred from applying for a new concealed carry license, locally known as a Georgia Weapons License or GWL. Ms. Walters had let a previous GWL lapse.
#1 Choosing Your First Gun: Handguns
Picking your first gun can be a daunting task. By the time you reach the gun store counter you’ve likely received more advice from friends and family than you can remember. Unfortunately, much of that advice might have been contradictory.”My First Gun” is aimed at helping you by delivering real, true information, arming you with facts to make your next gun purchase a success.
Your Uncle Jim said to buy a revolver, the guy at work said to buy a “compact. 22”, your buddy from the gym said “get a Glock”. What’s a person to do?
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- - January 15th, 2021
- The NOT Show and Civil Breakdown | SOTG 1020 - January 13th, 2021
- Capitol Building & Nothing has Changed | SOTG 1019 - January 11th, 2021
- Shut Down America and Stand Up for the Constitution | SOTG 1018 - January 6th, 2021
- Memories of My Grandpa and Hollywood Weakness | SOTG 1017 - January 4th, 2021