In less than two weeks we have had cougar attacks reported in Colorado and Idaho. Fear not, the Bambi Police in both states have rock-solid advice for people who might encounter an aggressive mountain lion or puma.
Our SWAT Fuel Warrior of the Week has a question pertaining to weaponlights, or weapon-mounted flashlights. As a SureFire Low Light Tactics Instructor, Professor Paul has some advice to give on that subject.
During our weekly Quiet Time Moment from SilencerShop.com, Professor Paul takes a moment to clarify the reading and homework assignment that he gave out during a previous episode. Pay close attention. There will be a quiz later.
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- We love BRCC. If you are in the SLC area, come and say hi to Jarrad!
- Warrior of the Week
- Go to www.swatfuel.com and use Promo Code “SOTG”
- TOPIC: Josh from Alabama- What are the Advantages & Disadvantages of having a light on your carry gun?
- Get a Free Bottle of 9mm+P | Question Post in The Liberty Mastermind
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question… Email info@ with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Silencer Shop | Brownells | Century Arms | Crossbreed | Duracoat | Froglube | SWAT Fuel
- Quiet Time
- Visit Silencershop.com
- TOPIC: Reading assignment follow up and clarification: 1984 and Brave New World
- Woman Holds Mountain Lion While Husband Shoots It www.ammoland.com
- Web Extra: AR man kills mountain lion with bare hands in Colorado www.fox16.com
- The Truth about Bear Spray vs Guns https://youtu.be/AN9X26Y7Pr8
FEATURING: Ammoland, Fox16, SWAT Fuel, Silencer Shop, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul G. Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
On January 30th, 2019 a woman thought she was stopping a dog fight. She ended up holding a 35-pound juvenile mountain lion instead. From idaho.gov:
Early on the morning of Jan. 30 a woman responded to what she thought was a fight between her dog and another dog outside of her Mackay home. As she pulled the two animals apart, she realized that in one hand she held a juvenile, male mountain lion about 35 pounds, and not another dog as she expected.
The woman restrained both her dog and the mountain lion while yelling for her husband, who was still inside the house, to grab a gun. Her husband responded and quickly dispatched the mountain lion as she held on to it.
A trail runner fought off and killed a mountain lion in self-defense in northern Colorado on Feb. 4, state officials said.
Ten days following the incident, the runner is speaking publically for the first time. He has been identified as Travis Kauffman, originally from Mountain Home, Arkansas. A press conference was held on Valentine’s Day at Fort Collins, Colo. where he recounted the attack.
Officials with the Colorado Parks and Wildlife and state law enforcement attended the press conference.
Kauffman said he was unarmed and had to use his hands and feet, as well as surrounding objects, to beat and choke the cat to death.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- EDC Medical for Kids & Faith and the Patriot - March 18th, 2019
- Your Prep List and Gun “Accidentally” Fires - March 13th, 2019
- Virginia Christians Disarmed - March 11th, 2019
- SOTG 830 – This Affects YOU: Judge Green Lights Bump-Stock Ban - March 6th, 2019
- SOTG 829 – House Approves Major Gun Control Bill - March 4th, 2019