During this week’s installment of the Warrior of the Week segment, we got a great question. How are we to secure our 2A rights, and protect ourselves from so-called “reasonable” warrantless searches? As you can imagine, the Professor has a solid something to say about this.
We have some cool news from our home state, here in windy Wyoming. Legislation has been introduced to repeal and rescind all “Gun Free Zones” in the state. That’s a win in our book.
Lastly, we’ve got a step in the right direction of Texas getting more Texas. The District Court has fined the city of Austin, TX, $9,000 (or possibly $9,000,000) for refusing to allow the carry of handguns at City Hall. Not only is this a positive for the obvious reason, but also it sets a precedent for civil suits against other, similar laws & regulations. Listen Louder.
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Warrior of the Week
- Go to www.swatfuel.com and use Promo Code “SOTG”
- TOPIC: From Derek Babcock- In a country where the politicians are constantly violating our 2nd Amendment protected rights in the name of “reasonable restrictions”, how can we protect ourselves from these so-called “reasonable” warrantless searches?
- Get a Free Bottle of 9mm+P | Question Post in The Liberty Mastermind
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question… Email info@ with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Silencer Shop | Brownells | Century Arms | Crossbreed | Duracoat | Froglube | SWAT Fuel
- Our SHOT Show Schedule: www.studentofthegun.com/shotshow
- Quiet Time
- Remember, Principles of Freedom 101 book study during the G.P. Bonus Hours: www.getsotg.com
- Wyoming: Legislation Introduced to Repeal Gun-Free Zones www.nraila.org/articles
- District Court Fines Austin, TX, $9k for Refusing Carry of Handguns at City Hall www.breitbart.com/politics
FEATURING: Nicholas Orr, NRA ILA, Breitbart, SWAT Fuel, Silencer Shop, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul G. Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
SHOT Show Schedule – www.studentofthegun.com/shotshow
Principles of Freedom 101 book study during Grad Program Bonus Hours: www.getsotg.com
With a little over 30 days left in the 2019 Wyoming Legislative Session, Senate File 75/House Bill 183 has been introduced and your lawmakers need to hear from you now.
Senate File 75/House Bill 183 seeks to repeal certain portions of Wyoming’s statutes that prohibit the lawful carrying of a firearm for self-defense in any meeting of a governmental entity or any meeting of the legislature or a committee. Further, this legislation would also repeal the carry prohibition in any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms or any public elementary or secondary school facility; and in any public college or university facility.
On Thursday, the Travis County District Court ruled that the City of Austin, Texas, violated the law by barring handguns in City Hall and assessed a nine million dollar penalty against the city for the violation.
The concealed carry of handguns has been legal in Texas for decades and open carry for Texas’ concealed handgun license holders became legal on January 1, 2016.
In the January 17, 2019, ruling, Judge Lora J. Livingston explained that the Plaintiff was able to show that open carry was refused on April 4, 2016, April 6, 2016, April 12, 2016, July 1, 2016, July 29, 2016, and September 7, 2016. Judge Livingston ruled that the Defendants did not prove why City Hall should be treated differently among other public areas in Texas, writing, “Defendants did not meet their burden to establish an exception to Section 411.209(a) on any of the dates” that open carry was refused.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 918 – AR Lower is NOT a Firearm - January 20th, 2020
- SOTG 917 – St. Louis Shell Game to Ban Concealed Carry - January 15th, 2020
- SOTG 916 – What is the Purpose of Fighting? - January 13th, 2020
- SOTG 915 – Iran Reality Check and Tactical Skill Set - January 8th, 2020
- SOTG 914 – Vet Owned Business and the Year for Fighting Back - January 6th, 2020