Has the NRA folded? Did the National Rifle Association agree to gun control? We have some audio that you absolutely must hear before you make us your mind. Also, why was Paul in Las Vegas last week? What did he see and what was his experience? Listen louder.
Today’s Homework: Text TRAIN to 844-207-7684
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Professor Paul talks about his pre-planned trip to Las Vegas.
- Shooting Sports community did such a good job selling guns while our national education system failed teaching civics, history, representative republicanism, natural rights versus state granted privileges.
- What did NRA actually say and what does it mean?
- Chris Cox Interview: https://youtu.be/1PfDVvj4B_U
- Ter·ror·ism – ?ter??riz?m/ – noun
- the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
- “the fight against terrorism”
- Use or threat of use of violence in order to force a change in behavior or political view
- Clinton, Kaine, Schumer, Feinstein
- Paul Ryan betrays us – GOP bill to ease gun silencer rules appears shelved after Las Vegas shooting: https://www.cnbc.com/
- Murphy Gun Control – Capitol Report: Senator Murphy calls for action on gun control following Vegas massacre: http://wtnh.com/
- Congressman bemoan inaction – Democrats Bemoan Congress’s Inaction on Guns: ‘We Are Stuck’: https://www.nytimes.com/
- *This Action by politicians and media GUARANTEES this kind of attack will happen again.
FEATURING: Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, GunDistrict, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
House Speaker Paul Ryan on Tuesday said Republicans have no scheduled plan to vote on a bill that would ease rules on gun silencers, in the wake of the deadliest shooting in modern U.S. history.
Reports had suggested the House could vote on the National Rifle Association-backed legislation, known as the SHARE Act, soon.
“That bill is not scheduled now,” Ryan told reporters. “I don’t know when it’s going to be scheduled.”
On Sunday night, a gunman positioned high in a Las Vegas hotel opened fire on a music festival crowd. At least 59 people died and more than 500 were injured in the massacre.
The momentum behind the already controversial firearms bill appeared to sag after the deadly shooting. A hearing on the bill was previously delayed this summer when a shooter opened fire at a congressional baseball practice, severely wounding House Majority Whip Steve Scalise.
Ryan on Tuesday said the House’s immediate priority is passing its fiscal 2018 budget.
Senator Chris Murphy is calling for immediate action from Congress on gun control following the Las Vegas shooting.
Sens. Murphy, Blumenthal, and others made the same plea following Sandy Hook and Orlando, but nothing happened.
Related Content: Restrictions on ‘bump stock’ would take action from Congress
“What is unacceptable in the wake of the most deadly shooting in the history of your country is for this utter silence, this unintentional complicity from Congress to continue,” said Sen. Murphy.
While the call for action on gun control is a noble effort, some Republicans are crying foul and say Sen. Murphy is looking to capitalize on the tragedy and line his campaign war chest.
Senator Joe Manchin III, Democrat of West Virginia, was at a loss on Tuesday. After the massacre of children at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012, he challenged the pro-gun bent of his state and co-authored legislation to expand background checks of gun purchasers, only to see the measure fail.
“I just think that common sense has to prevail,” a dispirited Mr. Manchin said, explaining why he thinks that now is “the wrong time” to revive his bill. “But until that happens, until other people feel the same, we’re at a stalemate and that’s a shame.”
For years, amid a string of mass shootings in places whose names are by now seared into the national psyche ? Columbine, Aurora, Virginia Tech, Newtown, San Bernardino, Orlando and now Las Vegas ? Democrats have tried to enact what they call “common-sense” gun restrictions. Time and time again, they have failed.
This week’s massacre in Las Vegas, which killed at least 59 people and injured more than 500, appears to have done little to change Washington’s gun control dynamic.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 670 – Proof Las Vegas Attack was Terrorism - October 9th, 2017
- SOTG 669 – Civil War Preparation - October 5th, 2017
- SOTG 667 – The Church Shooting the Media is Ignoring - October 3rd, 2017
- SOTG 666 – Evil Does Exist - October 2nd, 2017
- SOTG 665 – CA Public Schools Psychologically Experimenting on Kids - September 28th, 2017