Trading guns for groceries? Seriously? Yes, the Democrat mayor of St. Louis, Missouri has a new solution to the city’s murder epidemic; bribe criminals with free groceries. We wish we were joking about this.
Our SWAT Fuel Warrior of the Week has a question related to both quiet time and situational awareness. Professor Paul and Jarrad will consider how to enjoy peace and quiet while being ready to fight.
Also, Student of the Gun does not require YouTube approval to operate. We will talk about why exactly that is the case.
Today’s Homework: Leave a review or update the review you already left
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- If you missed the FB Live video you can go back and watch it www.studentofthegun.com/facebook
- We don’t need YouTube’s Approval. SOTG TV, Student Lounge, get started at https://members.studentofthegun.com
- Please remember Star Treatments this Holiday Season http://startreatments.org/
- smile.amazon.com/ choose Star Treatments
- Star Treatments video – https://vimeo.com/240235060
- Warrior of the Week: Quiet Time & Situational Awareness
- Gun Advent Calendar – Watch it on https://www.studentofthegun.com
- Socialists trying to bribe their voting block into behaving http://www.breitbart.com
FEATURING: Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, GunDistrict, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Gun Advent Calendar – Day 18 is here – The Patriot Arsenal GLOCK 17 with Optic – Watch it on https://www.studentofthegun.com
St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson (D) is reacting to the rising crime in her city by offering to give people groceries in exchange for their firearms.
She will do this via the kind of buyback program that Democrats in other cities have unsuccessfully implemented around the country.
On December 8, 2017, KSDK reported that St. Louis had witnessed more murders in 2017 than in any year since 1995. On December 11 the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department listed the number of murders, year-to-date, at 197.
The SLMPD shows that 185 of those 197 murders were carried out with firearms. One hundred sixty-two of the victims were black males and 22 were black females. Ten victims were Hispanic. One hundred twenty-seven of the suspects in the killings were black, and one suspect was white.
Victims were predominantly aged 20-29. Victims aged 30-39 made up the second largest group.
According to Newsweek, Mayor Krewson said, “We can’t incarcerate our way out of this situation.” So she plans to offer the citizens of St. Louis grocery cards in exchange for their guns. She also plans to increase funding for recreational activities.
State Rep. Bruce Franks (D-St. Louis) reacted to the Mayor’s plan by saying, “I think she’s trying something she feels is going to be effective, but in reality we just know that they’re not.” He pointed to failures of previous buyback efforts in the city and explained that people will simply bring in antique or non-functioning firearms, give them to the city, and walk away with grocery money.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 745 – Lights, Sights, and Lasers with Wes Doss, Tactical Trainer - April 18th, 2018
- SOTG 744 – Attention New York Slaves, Time to Get in Line - April 16th, 2018
- SOTG 743 – YouTube Shooting Police Knew About Attacker - April 11th, 2018
- SOTG 742 – California Cops Handcuffed by the State - April 9th, 2018
- SOTG 741 – Matt Reynolds from Starting Strength Online Coaching - April 4th, 2018