Every Student of the Gun needs to start somewhere, and the fundamentals are a great place to begin!
Pistol 101 is an introductory course perfectly suited for those who have not yet received professional firearms instruction. This program focuses heavily on the safe and effective handling of any handgun, whether a pistol or revolver.
During Pistol 101 we cover topics like:
- The Fundamentals of Firearms
- Firearms Safety
- Handgun Nomenclature
- Handgun Operation
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Weapons Manipulation
- How-to Draw from the Holster
- The 4 Universal Safety Rules
- How-to Re-holster Your Handgun
- The importance of dry-fire and how to use it
- The F.A.S.T Acronym & Dealing with Deadly Threats
- Live-fire training
- Stoppages & Malfunctions
Several practice drills will be taught for the shooter to take back and use to improve their proficiency and skill.
Everyone likes to talk about advanced, tactical, or dynamic shooting, but none of that is possible until the shooter has mastered the fundamentals of shooting. Fundamentals are the building blocks, the foundation if you will.
During this short video we get an insider’s look at a Student of the Gun University class “Pistol 101”. Before you can learn to run you must walk. Pistol 101 teaches the fundamental handgun shooting techniques that all shooters must master before they can advance to more dynamic drills.
SOTG offers education and entertainment through on-demand video material, online articles, books, DVD’s and live-training events.
Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.
Being a Student of the Gun is not about being a novice or beginner. Student of the Gun represents a life’s journey of education, enlightenment, and the enjoyment of firearms.
Each episode will introduce the viewer to new and interesting firearms as well as the latest gear to go with them.
We will travel throughout the United States seeking the advice and expertise of the best firearms trainers available.
Sometimes deadly serious, sometimes just for fun, Student of the Gun will always strive to educate and entertain their viewers while offering them an insider’s look at the world of firearms.
Latest posts by Professor Paul Markel (see all)
- Woodburner 101: 3 Things You Need to Know About Heating with Firewood - September 17th, 2020
- ODS1775 AK from Occam Defense [Review] - September 11th, 2020
- The Student of the Gun New Handgun Workout - September 1st, 2020
- CrossBreed Holsters Chest Rig [Review] - August 12th, 2020
- Chiappa Rhino .357 Magnum [Review] - August 5th, 2020