A woman killed by her estranged husband in Kansas City, had a Protection Order against him in her pocket when she was murdered. What do we know about the effectiveness of protection orders and adult probation when it comes to keeping citizens safe?
Our SWAT Fuel Warrior of the Week has a question about Every Day Carry or EDC. What is a good way to carry a backup or second gun? Professor Paul also has some recommendations regarding compact Pepper Spray units.
Also, during our weekly Quiet Time segment from SilencerShop.com, the Professor has a simple homework assignment for you all to accomplish over Thanksgiving week. Listen louder.
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- This is the only Public Episode for this week. However, we will have both normal episodes of the Grad Program Bonus Hours! Click Here to Get Involved
- Go to www.sotggiveaway.com to get in on the Advent Calendar giveaway!
- We’ve got a YouTube Channel!
- Please go Subscribe: www.youtube.com/user/StudentOfTheGunTV
- Warrior of the Week
- Go to www.swatfuel.com and use Promo Code “SOTG”
- TOPIC: From Zack from Louisiana, “What is the most comfortable/tactical option for carrying a spare firearm and pepper spray, in addition to the Fundamental Four? (Ankle Carry is not an Option)“
- Suggested Pocket Holster: The TUFF Products Roo
- Suggested Pepper Spray: First Defense MK6 Personal Size .2% Pepper Spray
- Get a Free Bottle of 9mm+P | Question Post in The Liberty Mastermind
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question… Email info@ with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email
- Quiet Time
- Visit Silencershop.com
- Homework Assignment: Read the Bill of Rights and The US Constitution
- Woman murdered in Kansas City had an order of protection in her pocket www.stltoday.com
- The Government can’t protect you, you have to protect yourself.
FEATURING: Silencer Shop, TUFF Products, First Defense, StLToday, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul G. Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Court records say a slain woman had an order of protection against the man charged with killing her in her pocket when her body was found in Kansas City.
The Kansas City Star reports that Gene Birdsong, 42, of Kansas City, Kan., was charged Thursday with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the death of Tabitha Birdsong, 40. No attorney is listed for him in online court records.
Court records in Kansas show the couple wed in 2009 and that Gene Birdsong was twice convicted of battering her. He spent 86 days in jail earlier this year after violating his probation for not complying with a protection order.
Under questioning, he told detectives it was “self-defense” before stopping the interview and requesting an attorney. The couple has a daughter.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 876 – Chinese Fighting for Freedom, Americans line up to give it away - August 14th, 2019
- SOTG 875 – Armed Good Guy Stops Gunman at Walmart - August 12th, 2019
- SOTG 874 – Terrorism will Never End - August 7th, 2019
- SOTG 873 – New York’s Cuomo Disarms Teachers - August 5th, 2019
- SOTG 872 – Two 19 Year Olds in the News; It’s Not the Gun - July 31st, 2019