What exactly makes a person an armed citizen? Does owning a firearm make a man or woman an armed citizen? Professor Paul will clear the air and explain exactly the purpose of arms when we consider liberty.
Our SWAT Fuel Warrior of the Week is going to be in bear country and has question about defensive handguns. What is the minimum caliber or load to carry where aggressive bears are a threat? You might be surprised.
Also, during our weekly Quiet Time Moment from SilencerShop.com, the Professor has a piece of recommended reading for you. What was going on in the Colonies of America prior to the Revolution? What was the mindset of the people? Be sure to listen louder.
Today’s Homework: Leave a review or update the review you already left
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- 5 Year Anniversary on March 8th. We at SOTG will be doing a giveaway in celebration of this moment is occasion, so 5 Lucky members of the Student Lounge will receive a special prize box!
- Join The Student Lounge for free at getsotg.com
- Thursday PFT Live Video on Liberty Mastermind private group facebook.com
- Warrior of the Week
- Go to www.swatfuel.com and use Promo Code “SOTG”
- Grad Program Undergrad members go to Partner Discount Page and use that code to save more money.
- Get a Free Bottle of 9mm+P
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question? Email info@ with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, EmailTOPIC: Handguns for Bear Country? http://www.wideopenspaces.com
- Pick up Examining the Armed Citizen book on Amazon http://amzn.to/2EybcRs
- Quiet Time
- Recommended reading – Paul Revere’s Ride by David Hackett Fischer http://amzn.to/2F2Xfr3
- Examining the Armed Citizen book http://amzn.to/2CTSI8E
- Chapter One, What is an “Armed Citizen”?
- “Gun Owners” are NOT Armed Citizens “Hunters” are not armed citizens. “Collectors” are not armed citizens.
- “Gun Gamers” are not armed citizens.
- Earn a Patch: I am a SOTG Challenge
- Video yourself saying who you are, where you’re from, and that you are a student of the gun
- Post it on your favorite social media (or all of them), tag @studentofthegun, and #studentofthegun. Make sure the post is public so we can share it.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a link to the post and your address and we will send you a patch
FEATURING: Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, GunDistrict, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Yes, you read that right: an Alaskan fishing guide recently killed a charging brown bear with a 9mm pistol and lived to tell the tale.
Phil Shoemaker, an experienced Alaskan hunting and fishing guide, was guiding a couple of clients on a salmon fishing trip in the Becharof National Wildlife Refuge in southwestern Alaska when they had a close range encounter with an angry bear. Fortunately for everyone involved, Phil stopped the raging brown bear with a 9mm pistol at close range. Phil and his two clients walked away from the incident without a scratch.
Gun enthusiasts will likely debate the merits of his decision to carry a S&W 3954 handgun in 9mm for defense for years to come, especially considering the fact that he also owned a S&W 629 chambered in .44 Magnum but chose not to carry it. Regardless of what you think of his decision, this episode shows that with good ammunition, good shot placement, and a little luck, it is possible to stop a bear with a 9mm pistol, even though it is not known as a great cartridge for a bear defense gun.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 769 – Florida Carjacking Stopped CCW - July 18th, 2018
- SOTG 768 – Thoughts on the Coming Civil War - July 16th, 2018
- SOTG 767 – Democrats Liberals Progressives are Bullies - July 11th, 2018
- Morning Mindset: A 30 Day Plan for a More Positive and Productive Life - July 10th, 2018
- SOTG 766 – The Danger of Mirror Thinking - July 9th, 2018