The Thought Gestapo is cracking down. Germany now plans to fine social media sites for hate speech violations. Who will determine what is “hate speech”? Will it be the Socialist Thought Police of Deutschland?
We have a Go Team Moment during our SOTG Homeroom from Crossbreed Holsters. Where should you keep your gun while you are sleeping?
Also, for this week’s Brownells Bullet Points we’ll talk about reliability, specifically in our semi-automatic firearms. What areas should you check before giving up on an unreliable gun?
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- There are some great (free) resources at www.studentofthegun.com/ssoc. If you decide to sign up, use the code SOTG to save $79 on your first month.
- Brownells Bullet Points: Reliability issues? What do you check before giving up? Magazine, Ammunition, Firearm https://www.brownells.com/
- SOTG Homeroom: Armed in Bed — Bedside Backup https://www.crossbreedholsters.com
- Go Team in Texas – Woman Awakes to Suspect Standing by Her Bed, Shoots Him Dead http://www.breitbart.com
- Thought Gestapo Marches On – Germany can now fine social media companies for ‘hate speech’ from their users http://www.theblaze.com
FEATURING: Silencer Shop, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, GunDistrict, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Bedside Backup: www.crossbreedholsters.com
A Houston, Texas, woman who awoke to a suspect standing by her bad on New Year’s Day grabbed a gun and shot him dead.
The incident occurred at Mirabella Apartments.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the woman heard “the sound of broken glass.” When she looked up she saw the suspect standing by her bed. He began to close in on her, so she grabbed her pistol and fired a shot, killing him.
When police arrived the woman told them she had seen the man hanging around the apartment complex, as if he were casing the area.
Police did not charge the woman in the suspect’s death.
Breitbart News reported that an armed grandma home alone on Christmas Eve confronted a would-be intruder, causing him to flee by letting him know he was “going to die.”
A new law went into effect on the first day of 2018 that allows Germany to fine social media companies for any hate speech from their users that they don’t squash quickly enough. And it’s gonna cost them millions.
What does the law say?
The Netzwerkdurchsetzungsgesetz (NetzDG) law says that hate speech that is flagged could be fined up to $60 million if it isn’t removed from a social media website after 24 hours.
Who does it apply to?
The NetzDG law affects social media companies with over 2 million users, which applies to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and others. It also applies to the Russian social network VK.
YouTube released a statement over the new law.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 720 – Incoming Virginia Governor to Ban Private Gun Sales - January 22nd, 2018
- SOTG 719 – Karma on Display: Illinois AG Candidate Robbed in Chicago - January 17th, 2018
- SOTG 718 Pt. 2 – Spike’s Tactical and Pipe Hitters Union Interview: Hurting Snowflake Feelings - January 16th, 2018
- SOTG 718 – Louisiana Teacher Arrested for Speaking Out & Self Defense for Women - January 15th, 2018
- SOTG 717 – Thought Gestapo: Germany to Fine Social Media for “Hate Speech” - January 10th, 2018