We have another Quiet Time Moment for you from SilencerShop.com. This week we will discuss another piece of recommended reading. This book will help you to read better and get more from your time and studies.
Finally, Paul and Jarrad will consider the issue of applying the same solution or taking the same actions, despite the fact that those solutions have previously failed and the actions have been ineffective.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Warrior of the Week
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question…Email info@ with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email
- Thanks to the Top Contributors of the SOTG Public Group!
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Silencer Shop | Brownells | Century Arms | Crossbreed | Duracoat | Froglube | SWAT Fuel
- Quiet Time brought to you by Silencer Shop
- TOPIC: How to Read a Book
- Not just about reading, it’s about learning and by extension being able to teach
- Applying the same solutions or actions and expecting different results
FEATURING: SWAT Fuel, Silencer Shop, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul G. Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Originally published in 1940, this book is a rare phenomenon, a living classic that introduces and elucidates the various levels of reading and how to achieve them—from elementary reading, through systematic skimming and inspectional reading, to speed reading.
Readers will learn when and how to “judge a book by its cover,” and also how to X-ray it, read critically, and extract the author’s message from the text.
Also included is instruction in the different techniques that work best for reading particular genres, such as practical books, imaginative literature, plays, poetry, history, science and mathematics, philosophy and social science works.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 876 – Chinese Fighting for Freedom, Americans line up to give it away - August 14th, 2019
- SOTG 875 – Armed Good Guy Stops Gunman at Walmart - August 12th, 2019
- SOTG 874 – Terrorism will Never End - August 7th, 2019
- SOTG 873 – New York’s Cuomo Disarms Teachers - August 5th, 2019
- SOTG 872 – Two 19 Year Olds in the News; It’s Not the Gun - July 31st, 2019