Recently in Florida, a brave school resource officer rushed into the scene to stop a school shooter before he did any real damage. We talk about how CNN, Fox News and all those other major media outlets praised this brave man for his valiant act, oh wait? that didn’t happen.
Our SWAT Fuel Warrior of the Week has a question about which tourniquet would be best for applying to a small child. Something none of us want to think about, but is a real risk, It’s an unpleasant world we live in, and we have to be prepared.
The NRA Annual Meeting begins this week, and the SOTG Crew will be there. We’ll be at the Century Arms Booth (#9257) on Friday for a book-signing and watch out for a special live stream on May 5th, 11:00am – 12:00pm MDT.
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Text NRA to 844-207-7684 – Get free Student Lounge account, giveaway reminders, SOTG will be part of 2 giveaways.
- Warrior of the Week
- Go to www.swatfuel.com and use Promo Code “SOTG”
- Grad Program Undergrad members go to Partner Discount Page and use that code to save more money.
Get a Free Bottle of 9mm+P
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question? Email info@ with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email
TOPIC: Jeff Chastain – I like the CAT tourniquet but have heard it doesn’t work well with small
children. What is the preferred tourniquet if you have small children at home?
- Quiet Time
- Avoiding Burn Out, get a hobby that has nothing to do with your current job. Silencershop.com
- SRO saves kids in school, Media Silent
- Ocala, Florida school shooting suspect ID’d as Sky Bouche: “I shot through the door” https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ocala-florida-school-shooting-suspect-idd-as-sky-bouche-i-shot-through-the-door/
- School Resource Officer Stops School Shooting In Ocala, Florida On Friday, No Media Praise http://concealednation.org/2018/04/school-resource-officer-stops-school-shooting-in-ocala-florida-on-friday-no-media-praise/
- Watch, Listen, Read, Shop, Connect at http://www.getsotg.com
- Earn a Patch: I am a SOTG Challenge
- Video yourself saying who you are, where you’re from, and that you are a student of the gun
- Post it on your favorite social media (or all of them), tag @studentofthegun, and #studentofthegun. Make sure the post is public so we can share it.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a link to the post and your address and we will send you a patch
FEATURING: @madisonrising, @ptjarrad, @SOTGUniversity,
PARTNERS: @BrownellsInc, @Froglube, @crossbreedholsters, @centuryarms, @SWATfuel, @DuraCoatFirearmFinishes, @SilencerShop
FIND US ON: @iTunesUS, @Stitcherradio, @AppleTV, @Roku, @Amazon, @GooglePlay, @YouTube, @Full30TV, @InstagramEnglish, @Facebook, @twitterinc, @tumblr, #StudentForLife, #StudentoftheGun
A gunman who wounded one student at a Florida high school on the day of a national classroom walkout to protest gun violence has been identified as 19-year-old Sky Bouche, authorities said. Bouche was taken into custody by a school resource officer who rushed to the scene.
The shooting happened Friday morning at Forest High School in Ocala, which was put on lockdown, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office reported. The injured student, a 17-year-old boy, was taken to a local hospital for treatment of a non-life threatening injury to his ankle.
Police initially said the suspect is also a student at the school, but later said he was not currently enrolled. The gunman carried a shotgun in a guitar case into the school by blending in with students, said Craig Ham, deputy superintendent of Ocala schools operations. Ham told reporters the shooter fired at the bottom of a classroom door, which was locked, and pellets struck the victim in the ankle.
An armed School Resource Officer arrived to the scene of a shooting and had placed the suspect into custody, ending what could have been a longer assault on students and teachers.
The shooting happened Friday morning at Forest High School in Ocala. The suspect was first identified as a student, but later clarification shows that he was not a student at the school.
He brought a shotgun into the school concealed in a guitar case and blended in with students. At some point, he fired a shot at the bottom of a door, and some pellets from the shotgun blast struck a student in the ankle.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- PFT Equipment Guide and MPD Says “You’re on Your Own” | SOTG 975 - August 5th, 2020
- Muzzle Brakes and Detroit Don’t Play That | SOTG 974 - August 3rd, 2020
- - July 31st, 2020
- 9mm Shortage and Understand the Universal Firearms Safety Rules | SOTG 973 - July 29th, 2020
- A Warrior in a Garden | SOTG 972 - July 27th, 2020