It is not a rhetorical question. What is a gun? What does it mean for a free man to possess a gun? There are many reasons to own firearms, but only one reason will preserve the possession of a gun as an inalienable right.
Jarrad reminds you that Hillsdale College has a US Constitution course available for every American. He even put the direct link in the show notes for you.
During our SOTG Homeroom from Crossbreed Holsters, we will consider the idea of “my gunfight” versus being in “a gunfight”. There is an absolute difference in the two and how you prepare for them.
(Original Publish Date: 02/23/2017 | Original Episode #: 561)
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- What is a Gun? Sporting tool? Recreational implement? Collectors Item? Sports, Games, Hobbies?
- There is only one way that a firearm can be preserved as an apart of an inalienable right: Instrument of (Individual) Liberty.
- Individual Liberty is paramount. If liberty and freedom are granted by the state or the “collective” then the instruments of individual liberty are non-essential. Only the State required them.
- Take the free-to-you course about the Constitution here: info.hillsdale.edu
- SOTG Homeroom brought to you by Crossbreed Holsters: “My” gunfight or “A” gunfight?
FEATURING: Daily Mirror, Silencer Shop, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
The U.S. Constitution is the key to securing liberty for all Americans — yet very few know exactly what it says, and what freedoms it protects. Hillsdale College is dedicating this year to educating millions of Americans about this critical document. That’s why the College is offering its most popular course, “Constitution 101” for free, when you sign up now.
Hillsdale’s course, Constitution 101: The Meaning and History of the Constitution, features the same professors who teach this course on Hillsdale College’s campus. Hillsdale is one of the only colleges in America — outside of the military academies — that requires every student to take a course on the Constitution to graduate.
The course is delivered via email, with one lesson per week for 10 weeks. Each lesson features lively teaching and discussion boards, suggested readings, weekly quizzes, and more.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 842 – Armed Citizens Stops Kidnapping - April 17th, 2019
- SOTG 841 – How to be an Armed Parent - April 15th, 2019
- SOTG 840 – CA Magazine Ban Reinstated? - April 10th, 2019
- SOTG 839 – LAPD to Cancel Gun Permission Slips - April 8th, 2019
- SOTG 838 – Marines Shorten Pistol Qualification - April 3rd, 2019