What happens when you use a .22 pistol to defend yourself against an aggressive polar bear? We will tell you. We also will consider 73 cases where people used a handgun against an attacking bear. How effective are handguns? You might be surprised.
For our Quiet Time Moment from SilencerShop.com, we will consider Red Flag laws compared to the US Constitution. How many constitutional violations can we find for these now backdoor gun control laws?
Also, during our Warrior of the Week feature, we will continue with the discussion of the Universal Safety Rules from last week. A business owner was just forced to use his gun to stop a robbery in Michigan. Are there lessons to be learned from this incident?
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Warrior of the Week
- Get a Free Bottle of 9mm+P | Question Post in The Liberty Mastermind
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question…Email info@ with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Silencer Shop | Brownells | Century Arms | Crossbreed | Duracoat | Froglube | SWAT Fuel
- Quiet Time brought to you by Silencer Shop
- TOPIC: Constitutional Violations by “Red Flag” Laws
- Details of .22 Pistol Defense Failure against Polar Bear in Norway www.ammoland.com
FEATURING: WXYZ, Ammoland, SWAT Fuel, Silencer Shop, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul G. Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Silencer Shop, Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
While searching for cases where pistols were used to defend against bears, three failures have been found. In the last published results, of 73 cases, that was a 4% failure rate. The very small sample size means a few cases can change the percentages of success or failure significantly. It is useful to know what happened in each case to determine how the failures and successes occurred.
The three failures involved the three species of North American bears. One case involving a polar bear and a .22 pistol in 1995, one case involving a grizzly bear and a .357 magnum in 2010, and one case involving a black bear and a .38 revolver in 2015.
Reasonably detailed accounts of the failures for the 2010 and 2015 attacks have been given in the last update, where 73 cases were examined.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- - September 25th, 2020
- Chinese Doctor: CV-19 Made in Wuhan Lab | SOTG 989 - September 23rd, 2020
- Judge Backs Constitution in PA Suit | SOTG 988 - September 21st, 2020
- - September 18th, 2020
- The Left wants Civil War: Are You Ready? | SOTG 987 - September 16th, 2020