Are the Marines running out of ACOGs? A recent story in the Marine Corps Times details the story of the shortage of combat optics and what the Corps plans to do about the issue. This story hurt Paul’s heart.
During our Brownell’s Guns and Gear segment, we will take a look at some of the new products that Brownell’s has on their website. Are you looking to build an RCP (rifle caliber pistol)? If so there is a new brace you don’t want to miss.
Also, we have our SOTG Homeroom for you from Crossbreed Holsters. Professor Paul hands out a “Go Team” and a good job to one teenage girl who took a stand against stupidity at her high school in Alaska. You definitely will need the duct tape for this one.
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Brownells Bullet Points – brownells.com
- TOPIC: New Products: Interesting and Useful
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Silencer Shop | Brownells | Century Arms | Crossbreed | Duracoat | Froglube | SWAT Fuel
- SOTG Homeroom brought to you by Crossbreed Holsters
- TOPIC: Go Team Moment
- Honey Badger knees bitch boy in nuts www.washingtonpost.com
- What is going on with Marine Corps rifle optics? www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/
- Official SOTG Skill Maintenance Target – www.studentofthegun.com/target
- GoFundMe Update – www.studentofthegun.com/gofundme
FEATURING: Washington Post, Marine Corps Times, Brownells, Crossbreed Holsters, MadisonRising, JarradMarkel, PaulGMarkel, SOTGUniversity
PARTNERS: BrownellsInc, Froglube, crossbreedholsters, centuryarms, SWATfuel, DuraCoatFirearmFinishes, SilencerShop
FIND US ON: iTunesUS, Stitcherradio, AppleTV, Roku, Amazon, GooglePlay, YouTube, Full30TV, InstagramEnglish, Facebook, twitterinc, tumblr
The plot to storm the girls’ bathroom started with a Snapchat message and ended with a knee to the crotch.
It all went down at North Pole High School in North Pole, Alaska — a small, Christmas-loving city southeast of Fairbanks — on the morning of April 4. The snap at issue: a student transitioning from female to male posted a selfie from the boys’ bathroom.
Some boys at the high school who saw the selfie, however, were angry and decided they would walk into the girls’ bathroom to take their own Snapchat selfie “as a form of protest,” Fairbanks North Star Borough School District Superintendent Karen Gaborik told The Washington Post.
In fall 2018, weapons experts at the annual Marine Corps meeting on all things marksmanship warned that without action on a shortage of working rifle optics, shooters at The Basic School in Virginia, Parris Island in South Carolina, and Weapons and Field Training Battalion at Edson Range in California would face “critical impact” on training within six to 12 months.
A combination of a shortage and a number of damaged rifle combat optics used on the M4 carbine had prompted the warning.
That issue arose in a recent Marine administrative message posted online reviewing findings from the October 2018 “Combat Marksmanship Symposium,” held at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 900 – Veterans: The Cure for a Sick Nation - November 11th, 2019
- SOTG 899 – Detroit Today: Murder Down, Dead Crooks Up - November 6th, 2019
- SOTG 898 – Trump on 2A and Changes in Florida CCW? - November 4th, 2019
- SOTG 897 – Gun Control Failure on Display in California - October 30th, 2019
- SOTG 896 – Polar Bear vs 22 Pistol - October 28th, 2019