During this week’s Brownell’s Bullet Points, guns and gear segment, Paul will highlight a 1 to 1 red dot sight with fantastic potential. Listen louder for recommendations.
Also, for our SOTG Homeroom from Crossbreed Holsters, Paul and Jarrad will consider hanging out with disarmed people. Who gets first dibs for seating at restaurants? Are you the designated gun carrier for your group?
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Lights, Sights, and Lasers with Wes Doss
- Brownells Bullet Points
- Yes, the Holosun red dot is a good optic. www.brownells.com
- Fighting Fitness
- SOTG Homeroom
- Stop hanging out with disarmed people — Promo: SOTG18 at crossbreedholsters.com
- Earn a Patch: I am a SOTG Challenge
- Video yourself saying who you are, where you’re from, and that you are a student of the gun
- Post it on your favorite social media (or all of them), tag @studentofthegun, and #studentofthegun. Make sure the post is public so we can share it.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a link to the post and your address and we will send you a patch
FEATURING: Wes Doss, Khybar Training, Silencer Shop, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Get the new Student of the Gun shirt & apparel: www.studentofthegungear.com
Who is Wes Doss? www.khybertraining.com/about:
Wes is an internationally recognized firearms, tactics and use of force instructor with over 20 years of military & civilian criminal justice experience, as well as significant operational time with both military & law enforcement tactical operations & protective service organizations. Wes holds specialized instructor certifications from the U.S. Army, the U.S. Marine Corps, Arizona POST, the Smith & Wesson Academy, the Sig Sauer Academy, NRA LEAD, FEMA and the Department of State.
Wes has studied adult education & human performance extensively and has a broad background in the martial arts, with over 25 years of training, teaching, and competition experience. Wes is the Founder, President & General Operating Manager of Khyber Interactive Associates LLC and the 1 Inch to 100 Yards Warrior Conference. Wes holds a Master’s degree in criminal Justice Administration and an upper level Doctorate in Psychology, with an emphasis on sports and performance psychology. Wes is a member of a number of professional associations, including: The International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors (IALEFI), The National Rifle Association (NRA), The National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA), The Military Police Regimental Association (MPRA), The International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA) and the International Association of Counter Terrorism and Security Professionals (IACTSP).
Offers Flexible Power Options for a Red Dot Optic
Don’t ever be stuck at the range or in the field with a red-dot optic that’s out of juice. The Holosun HS403C Solar Micro Red Dot Sight is purpose-built to ensure that hunters and shooters have an optic that can run off multiple power systems.
The Holosun HS403C Solar Micro Red Dot Sight is built with a combination of built-in solar panels combined with an ultra-efficient LED system that uses a bare minimum of power to provide an aiming point measuring 2 MOA in diameter. In sufficient sunlight, the optic can run without depending on a battery backup.
- Adjustment value: 1/2 MOA
- Features 12 brightness settings
- 50,000-hour battery life
- Weight: 4.3 ounces
Each Holosun HS403C Solar Micro Red Dot Sight ships with a low-mount riser and a 1/3 co-witness mount that’s purpose-built for modern sporting rifles.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 802 – The Importance of the Fundamental Four & War Stories with Jeff Kirkham - November 14th, 2018
- SOTG 801 – AR15s for Home Defense and AK Parts - November 12th, 2018
- SOTG 800 – Minority Report: The Department of Pre-Crime is Here - November 7th, 2018
- SOTG 799 – Blue Guns, Are They Worth It? - November 5th, 2018
- SOTG 798 – Scopes, Rings, and Online Great Books - October 31st, 2018