During this week’s SOTG Homeroom from Crossbreed Holsters, we will continue the theme of being dangerous on demand. Sounds easy enough, but how do you defend against a bear attack in your sleep pants?
Also, we have a Brownell’s Bullet Points feature for you. Let’s consider guns and gear. Professor Paul has been a professional gun carrier for 30 years, how does he recommend that you break in a new handgun? Listen louder.
Today’s Homework: Leave a review on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/studentofthegun
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- We launched Morning Mindset with Paul G. Markel www.morningmindsetpodcast.com
- Brownells Bullet Points: Guns & Gear Segment – Breaking in a new gun https://www.brownells.com/
- There are some great (free) resources at www.studentofthegun.com/ssoc. If you decide to sign up, use the code SOTG to save $79 on your first month.
- SOTG Homeroom: Armed at home at night https://www.crossbreedholsters.com
- Bear attacks man who let his dog out for a walk http://local21news.com
- Slave State News: Karma on Display: Illinois Attorney General Candidate Robbed at Gunpoint During Chicago Campaign Stop http://www.breitbart.com
- Aaron Goldstein’s Campaign for Illinois Attorney General Goes into High Gear with Bold, Progressive Agenda http://www.chicagotribune.com
- Don’t forget Morning Mindset Podcast www.morningmindsetpodcast.com
FEATURING: Silencer Shop, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, GunDistrict, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
A man says he was letting his dog outside in Florida when a large bear attacked him.
Andrew Meunier tells news outlets he let his dog out of his home about 11 p.m. Tuesday and spotted the 4-foot (1-meter) bear standing next to him when he stepped outside. He told the Collier County Sheriff’s Department the dog ran back inside scared.
Meunier said he struggled to get away and managed to get back through his front door.
A 911 call revealed that Meunier suffered a minor facial laceration from the bear attack. He sought treatment at a local hospital and received 41 stitches.
“I’m just happy to be alive,” Meunier said. “It could’ve been a totally different story.”
Illinois Attorney General candidate Aaron Goldstein (D) was robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight during a campaign stop in Chicago on Thursday.
Four individuals with Goldstein were also robbed.
According to the Chicago Tribune, there were a total of three robbery suspects. Those included a gunman and two accomplices, all “between 20 and 24 years old.”
Goldstein was taking part in a photo shoot in Albany Park. The shoot was intended to capture him and the essence of the neighborhood. Campaign manager Robert Murphy said the campaign stop was part of an “in-the-neighborhood kind of” theme.
The robbery suspects got away with cameras and cell phones, and Goldstein’s crew was shaken up but not harmed.
Ironically, Chicago has long been an unsuccessful experiment in gun control. The city had a complete ban on handgun ownership from 1982 to 2010. This means criminals had handguns for the purposes of robberies, murders, and assaults, while law-abiding citizens were defenseless. Homicide numbers betrayed this grime reality, with annual totals of 921 homicides in 1991, 940 in 1992, 930 homicides in 1994, etc.
Attorney Aaron Goldstein’s bid to become the next Attorney General of Illinois is now in high gear with a bold, progressive Democratic agenda that will benefit the citizens of Illinois while putting an end to the unfettered political power of big corporations, big money and the political establishment-in both parties.
“I am the most experienced courtroom and trial lawyer of all the candidates,” said Goldstein, who has built a formidable reputation as a progressive Cook County Public Defender and defense attorney. In 2016, Goldstein defeated 40-year Democratic machine powerbroker Dick Mell to become Chicago’s 33rd Ward Democratic Committeeman and has used his position to put in place a fair judicial evaluation and review process while challenging the Cook County Democratic Party to do the same. “I went up against the machine and won,” he said. “I will continue to do this as Attorney General.”
Goldstein promised to “use my skills and experience to be the defender of all the people of Illinois, not just the advantaged few. Illinois deserves a reformed legal environment that increases the opportunity for everyone to achieve a better quality of life and a brighter future. I will accomplish this by upending the corrupt status quo-led by big corporations, big money and political cronyism-that has allowed so many hard-working citizens of Illinois to be left behind and while creating serious economic stagnation.”
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 842 – Armed Citizens Stops Kidnapping - April 17th, 2019
- SOTG 841 – How to be an Armed Parent - April 15th, 2019
- SOTG 840 – CA Magazine Ban Reinstated? - April 10th, 2019
- SOTG 839 – LAPD to Cancel Gun Permission Slips - April 8th, 2019
- SOTG 838 – Marines Shorten Pistol Qualification - April 3rd, 2019