What happens when you give the New Jersey Gun Gestapo a blank check to harass gun owners? One father and US Military Veteran learned firsthand the threat to liberty when you turn law enforcement officers into policy enforcement officers.
During our Brownell’s Bullet Points segment, Paul and Jarrad talk about having “enough” ammunition. What does it mean to have enough?
Also, we have an SOTG Homeroom from Crossbreed Holsters. Can you and should you practice being dangerous on demand? Hold on Illinois residents, don’t raise your hands just yet.
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- SHOT Show is expanding floor space starting in 2020.
- New Duracoat Project Contest! Duracoat an Ammo Can and the Coolest/Best design will win? something! Tune in next week for more detail.
- Join the Grad Program: getsotg.com
- Brownells Bullet Points – brownells.com
- Have Enough Ammo. Enough? Yes, Enough.
- SOTG Homeroom
- Illinois expands waiting period so they cannot be dangerous on demand
- New Jersey Gun Gestapo are mating with the Public School Nazis. Come to confiscate guns after overhearing a discussion about school security.
- Red Flag Laws allow The State to decide who is and isn’t qualified to own firearms.
FEATURING: Brownells Inc, Crossbreed Holsters, TheHill.com, Review Journal, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
The Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show ? the firearms industry’s largest global event ? plans to expand to two more Strip locations by 2021 amid growing demand for exhibitor space.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation recently signed a contract with MGM Resorts International and Caesars Entertainment Corp. to bring the four-day trade show to their future convention spaces, said Chris Dolnack, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for the Connecticut-based foundation.
SHOT Show has been held every January at the Sands Convention Center since 2010, and it attracts more than 60,000 industry professionals and 2,100 exhibitors. That makes it the seventh-largest annual show in Las Vegas by attendance.
Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner (R) signed a bill on Monday to extend a 72-hour mandatory waiting period for all firearm purchases.
The “cooling off period,” which already applied to handgun purchases, now covers all guns being sold including assault-style weapons, The Chicago Tribune reported.
Rauner said he was “proud” to sign the protections into law and said it was a “very important step forward to increase safety for the people in our state.”
An Army veteran father says State Police tried to confiscate his firearms without a court order or warrant just because his son was overheard discussing school shooting news with a classmate.
Police said their visit was sparked by a conversation that Leonard Cottrell Jr.’s 13-year-old son had had with another student at school. Cottrell said he was told his son and the other student were discussing security being lax at Millstone Middle School.
The conversation was overheard by another student, who went home and told his parents. Those parents then contacted the school, which contacted the State Police, according to Cottrell.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 878 – “Police Guns Escalate Violence” City Councilwoman wants Cops Disarmed - August 21st, 2019
- SOTG 877 – Felon Shoots Police, Philadelphia Mayor Blames NRA - August 19th, 2019
- SOTG 876 – Chinese Fighting for Freedom, Americans line up to give it away - August 14th, 2019
- SOTG 875 – Armed Good Guy Stops Gunman at Walmart - August 12th, 2019
- SOTG 874 – Terrorism will Never End - August 7th, 2019