The U.S. House of Representatives passed a major gun control bill. If signed into law, firearms ownership will no longer be a right, but instead a privilege of the state.
Our SWAT Fuel Warrior of the Week has a question about firearms training. Is there an LP (linear progression) program for shooting? That is a great question. Listen louder for the answer.
During our Quiet Time Moment from Silencershop.com, the Professor has another reminder and suggestion for required reading. This book should be read by every man and woman who believes in a Constitutional Republic.
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Warrior of the Week
- Get a Free Bottle of 9mm+P | Question Post in The Liberty Mastermind
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question… Email info@ with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Silencer Shop | Brownells | Century Arms | Crossbreed | Duracoat | Froglube | SWAT Fuel
- Quiet Time
- House Democrats: No ICE Alert if Illegal Fails Gun Background Check www.breitbart.com
- House votes to approve first major gun control bill in 25 years www.cbsnews.com/news
- “Shall Not Be Infringed” Bill of Rights: Amendment 2, 4, 5, 14 constitution.findlaw.com/amendments
FEATURING: Breitbart, CBS News, SWAT Fuel, Silencer Shop, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul G. Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
During the hearings for universal background checks, House Democrats rejected a Republican proposal to alert U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) if an illegal alien is discovered via a background check for a firearm.
Fox News reported that the universal background check bill, H.R. 8, passed the House Judiciary Committee on a 23–15 party-line vote. Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL) had proposed an amendment to H.R. 8, which would have required a notification be sent to law enforcement “when an individual attempting to purchase a firearm fails a federal background check.”
Steube commented of the Democrats’ refusal to incorporate his amendment, “In rejecting this amendment, the Democrats have shown their true colors.” He continued, “It is clear they are not interested in preventing gun violence or stopping the illegal purchase of firearms, but rather they are only interested in limiting the rights of law-abiding citizens to advance their own political agenda.”
The Democratic-controlled House on Wednesday approved a measure requiring federal background checks for all firearms sales and transfers, the first major gun control legislation considered by Congress in nearly 25 years. Democrats called the 240-190 vote a major step to end the gun lobby’s grip on Washington and begin to address an epidemic of gun violence, including 17 people who were killed at a Florida high school last year.
The bill is the first of two that Democrats are bringing to the House floor this week as part of an effort to tighten gun laws following eight years of Republican control. The other bill would extend the review period for background checks from three to 10 days.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- Toy Gun Prompts Police Response | SOTG 956 - June 1st, 2020
- The Buckshot Pizza Box Challenge | Liberty Letter #059 - May 29th, 2020
- Killer Karen Follow Up & Violent Crime Skyrockets | SOTG 955 - May 27th, 2020
- Professor Paul: An Instrument of Liberty? [Best Of] | SOTG 954 - May 25th, 2020
- - May 22nd, 2020