To listen to the liberal fascists and Democrats, all scary looking guns should be outlawed. Why? Because they simply look too scary. That seems to be the logic behind gun bans in California, Maryland, New York, and now Illinois. Ban guns that look scary.
For this week’s Brownell’s Bullet Points segment, we are going to discuss magazines for firearms. When should you replace them? Which magazines are the most sturdy? What should you do with a bad mag?
Also, during our weekly SOTG Homeroom from Crossbreed Holsters we continue with our discussion of being dangerous on demand. Which is more important for the armed citizen; a second gun or more ammunition for a primary gun?
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Earn a Patch: I am a SOTG Challenge
- Video yourself saying who you are, where you’re from, and that you are a student of the gun
- Post it on your favorite social media (or all of them), tag @studentofthegun, and #studentofthegun. Make sure the post is public so we can share it.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the post and your address and we will send you a patch
- Don’t forget Morning Mindset Podcast www.morningmindsetpodcast.com
- What is the Student Lounge? How can you take advantage of it? www.getsotg.com
- Brownells Bullet Points
- March Magazine Blow Out. 1) magazines are supposed to be replaced over time 2) Standard Black PMags are the strongest, window mags are stupid 3) Mags should be cleaned to get the sand and grit out of them. https://www.brownells.com
- Fighting Fitness
- SOTG Homeroom
- More ammo or more guns? Which is more important? Promo: SOTG18 crossbreedholsters.com
- Post-Katrina experience. Lifelong thugs do not fear police officers with pistols. They see them everyday. It was not until men with black rifles arrived that the thugs altered their behavior
- Illinois to restrict all “Assault-Style” guns themaven.net
- California Assault Weapons ban “Featureless Compliant”
FEATURING: Silencer Shop, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, GunDistrict, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
The Democrat-controlled Illinois House of Representatives passed several gun control measures, including one that would raise the age for buying “assault-style” rifles to 21.
The legislation was sponsored by Democratic Illinois Representative Michelle Mussman, and passed by a 64-51 vote, according to KTVI-TV.
Under the bill, anyone under 21 years old who currently possessed the types of weapons prohibited in the legislation would have 90 days to transfer ownership or surrender their guns without compensation.
Mussman said that police would not visit homes to confiscate weapons, and that a first possession offense would be a misdemeanor.
The state lawmakers also voted to ban “bump stocks” and “trigger cranks,” which increase a rifle’s firing rate, according to the Chicago Tribune.