We have yet one more example of how evil men will always get guns and weapons. If they cannot steal them or purchase them they will manufacture them. This story should concern every American citizen.
During our Brownells Bullet Points segment, Professor Paul and Jarrad discuss the most interesting things they saw at the Shooting Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show.
Also, for this week’s SOTG Homeroom from Crossbreed Holsters, we will answer a question we get frequently; is a knife viable for self-defense. Paul has been involved in martial training for more than 30 years and has some insight to offer.
Today’s Homework: Leave a review on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/studentofthegun
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Earn a Patch: I am a SOTG Challenge
- Video yourself saying who you are, where you’re from, and that you are a student of the gun
- Post it on your favorite social media (or all of them), tag @studentofthegun, and #studentofthegun. Make sure the post is public so we can share it.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a link to the post and your address and we will send you a patch
- Don’t forget Morning Mindset Podcast www.morningmindsetpodcast.com
- Brownells Bullet Points: What was the “coolest” thing you saw at the SHOT Show? brownells.com
- There are some great (free) resources at studentofthegun.com/ssoc. If you decide to sign up, use the code SOTG to save $79 on your first month.
- SOTG Homeroom: Dangerous on demand, why do we put slings on rifles? ? crossbreedholsters.com/
- Evil men will always get guns – Mexican Cartel Improves Weapons Manufacturing Capabilities breitbart.com
- Illegal gun factories in India – Delhi Is Fast Becoming A Safe Haven For The Huge Illegal Gun Trafficking Industry indiatimes.com
FEATURING: Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, GunDistrict, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Intelligence reports indicate that one of Mexico’s most dangerous cartels continues to increase their capabilities by manufacturing weapons. The arms are built in clandestine factories with advanced technology and practices.
Despite being considered a younger cartel, Mexican intelligence information provided to Breitbart Texas labels the Cartel Jalisco New Generation (CJNG) as a violence-prone organization with higher operational capabilities than any other group. As part of their expansion strategy, CJNG supplies weapons to other armed organizations at war with the Sinaloa Cartel and Los Zetas.
It is estimated that CJNG has at least 40 armed cells spread out throughout the country which, in addition to having access to powerful weapons and artillery, are trained by former military forces. As Breitbart Texas reported, Mexican authorities sounded the alarm on CJNG gunmen for being trained by former members of the Colombian terrorist group FARC, an entity known for making of improvised explosive devices (IEDs).
When one thinks of Delhi, one thinks of our country’s legislative capital, home to the Parliament, the Supreme Court and our nation’s top leaders and policy makers. On the surface, it appears to be a relatively lawful city, far from the infamous gang violence of Mumbai. It may come as a surprise that the city has of late become a safe haven for a huge illegal gun trafficking industry. From .315 and 12 bore pistols to assault rifles and AK-47, all sophisticated firearms are first brought here from manufacturers in bulk and then distributed to local suppliers based in the national capital or its surrounding areas. The heavy crowd in the city helps arms supplier escape security agencies’ attention, thereby providing them a safe entry and exit.
The recoveries of fire arms made by the Delhi Police in the past four years give a disturbing picture. A total of 388 firearms have been seized till June 15 this year. While in 2015 and 2014, this number was at 431 and 868 respectively, a total of 700 and 586 firearms were recovered in 2013 and 2012 respectively.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 776 – Gun Owners are Less Likely to be Criminals - August 13th, 2018
- SOTG 775 – Brexit Votes Without Arms are Pointless - August 8th, 2018
- SOTG 774 – Wright Patterson Scare A Nation of Fear - August 6th, 2018
- SOTG 773 – Canada: Punish the Innocent for Sins of the Guilty - August 1st, 2018
- SOTG 772 – Woman Kidnapped from Home by Sex Offender - July 30th, 2018