You might have thought our muzzleloaders were safe from the ambitions of gun grabbers, you would be wrong. Anti-Gun politicians have something new scare the uninformed of America; .50 caliber muzzleloading rifles. We have the audio and proof.
Jarrad is back from an extended road trip. During our Fighting Fitness segment from SWAT Fuel, Jarrad will discuss his experience with fitness on the road and the plans he made to keep getting strong even though he had to travel.
Also, during our Brownells Bullet Point segment, Professor Paul has a suggestion for listener who might be looking for a new skill. If you are seeking a genuine education regarding firearms, be sure to tune in.
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- We are giving away a DefendAR-15 Bump Stock. Enter at https://www.sotggiveaway.com
- Fighting Fitness brought to you by SWAT Fuel: Gains on the Go: Training & Nutrition on the Road
- Brownells Bullet Points: Want a real firearms education? Learn how to muzzle-load. Maxim 50 in stock at Brownells https://www.brownells.com
- Tucker Carlson on Muzzleloaders: https://youtu.be/AKPObRSU5w4
- Anti-Gun Group Wants To Ban Muzzleloaders For Mass Casualty Potential: https://www.themaven.net
FEATURING: Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, GunDistrict, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Buy the SILENCERCO – MAXIM50 INTEGRALLY SUPPRESSED MUZZLELOADER: www.brownells.com
Muzzleloaders could be “the next bump stock,” and should be regulated, an anti-gun group said.
Washington, DC ? A gun control group showcased just how little firearms knowledge it really has on Wednesday, when it warned Americans about the catastrophic threat of muzzleloaders.
In a report titled, “Legal and Lethal: 9 Products That Could Be the Next Bump Stock,” former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords’s anti-gun group unveiled a list of guns and products it deems have the potential to be converted into “military style weapons” in order to create “maximum carnage.”
“Cue the .50 caliber muzzleloader,” the report ominously introduced, “which delivers a particularly lethal .50 caliber round.”
“There’s actually a company that’s trying to jump through a loophole…and create a muzzle that can be shot with a silencer that shoots .50 caliber bullets. That can do a lot of damage,” New York City Council Member Jumaane Williams explained in a Thursday interview with Fox News.
Many of those with an actual understanding of muzzleloader mechanics found the report’s sweeping demonization of the weapons to be ludicrous, however.
In fact, it doesn’t seem that anyone can recall an instance when a muzzleloader was used to kill a single person within nearly a century, let alone a time when one was used in a mass shooting.
One reason these antique firearms have been less popular since the Civil War is because their operation is much more time-consuming than many modern weapons.
The shooter must load each round individually by placing gunpowder and a projectile into the barrel and packing it into place. A well-practiced shooter might be able to fire two rounds per minute.
Latest posts by Jarrad Markel (see all)
- SOTG 706 – H.R. 38 National Carry Reciprocity Passes the House - December 11th, 2017
- SOTG 699 – Church Security: More than Guns - November 28th, 2017
- SOTG 697- Proof: Gun Control is Mind Control - November 23rd, 2017
- SOTG 696 – Banning Muzzleloaders: We’re not Kidding & Gains on the Go Follow Up - November 22nd, 2017
- SOTG 694 – Black Rifle Coffee and Readyman Visit - November 20th, 2017