Remember the designer of 3D printed gun and his troubles with the U.S. Federal Government? Well the lawsuit against the US Government has been settled and you might be surprised at the outcome.
Our SWAT Fuel Warrior of the Week would like to discuss low light and no light training. As a SureFire Low Light Tactics instructor, Professor Paul has a few thoughts on the matter.
Also, during our Quiet Time Moment from SilencerShop.com, we will consider reading fiction during quiet time. Can we learn anything from fiction or is it just for fun?
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- New Product of the Week: Sweet Buddha Patches are 10% OFF! (buy 50 and I’ll give you a present)
- Warrior of the Week
- Go to www.swatfuel.com and use Promo Code “SOTG”
- Options for Low Light Shooting? Accur8 Sights!
- Quiet Time
- Visit Silencershop.com
- Some fiction is informative and stimulates your mind. Such as Black Autumn by Jeff Kirkham, available Oct. 1st, 2018
- Women’s Delicates
- Does Code a make a Gun?
- They moved the YouTube hearing to the end of July
- L.A. Gangs making their own Ghost Guns
- GLOCK makes a plastic gun that defeats metal detectors! ? not really
- 3D Printers & Power Tools are now Assault Rifle Manufacturing Tools
FEATURING: Silencer Shop, SWAT Fuel, LA Times, Wired.com, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
FIVE YEARS AGO, 25-year-old radical libertarian Cody Wilson stood on a remote central Texas gun range and pulled the trigger on the world’s first fully 3-D-printed gun. When, to his relief, his plastic invention fired a .380-caliber bullet into a berm of dirt without jamming or exploding in his hands, he drove back to Austin and uploaded the blueprints for the pistol to his website, Defcad.com.
He’d launched the site months earlier along with an anarchist video manifesto, declaring that gun control would never be the same in an era when anyone can download and print their own firearm with a few clicks. In the days after that first test-firing, his gun was downloaded more than 100,000 times. Wilson made the decision to go all in on the project, dropping out of law school at the University of Texas, as if to confirm his belief that technology supersedes law.
A small arsenal of weapons that authorities seized from gang members during a six-month undercover operation lay across the tables at LAPD’s Hollywood station Thursday.
It’s not unusual for the Los Angeles Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to grab high-power weapons during these types of sweeps.
But these AR-15-style semiautomatic rifles and pistols were different ? homemade, untraceable “ghost guns” without the traditional serial numbers, built from parts purchased over the internet.
Authorities said they are seeing more gangs turn to homemade guns as it becomes more difficult to acquire real ones.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 811 – Lawmaker Arrested for Spanking Child - December 19th, 2018
- SOTG 810 – Judge Calls Out Coward Deputy in Florida - December 17th, 2018
- SOTG 809 – Released Prisoner Attacks Woman in Jail Parking Lot - December 12th, 2018
- SOTG 808 – Developing a Family Defense Plan & Stop the Bleed - December 10th, 2018
- SOTG 807 – Grizzly Bears and Liberalism - December 5th, 2018