Our SWAT Fuel Warrior of the Week has a question about the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution. Does 2A only cover firearms or all arms? What difference does that make.
Also, during our weekly Quiet Time segment from SilencerShop.com, Paul has some suggested reading for you. Are you kids prepared and do they know what to do in an emergency?
Today’s Homework: Leave a review on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/studentofthegun
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Join The Student Lounge: www.getsotg.com
- Terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
- Warrior of the Week
- Go to www.swatfuel.com and use Promo Code “SOTG”
- Grad Program Undergrad members go to Partner Discount Page and use that code to save more money.
- Get a Free Bottle of 9mm+P | Question Post in The Liberty Mastermind
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question… Email info@ with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email
- TOPIC: Does 2nd Amendment cover more than just “guns”?
- Get the new book: Examining the Armed Citizen
- Quiet Time
- Team Honey Badger, Raising Fearless Kids in a Cowardly World. Teach your kids to act and survive not stare at their phones. Get the Team Honey Badger book
- Bill Clinton, Democrats and Gun Free Schools and Zero Tolerance
- How many School Shootings happened prior to 1994. How many shooting happened after 1994? http://www.nytimes.com
- Earn a Patch: I am a SOTG Challenge
- Video yourself saying who you are, where you’re from, and that you are a student of the gun
- Post it on your favorite social media (or all of them), tag @studentofthegun, and #studentofthegun. Make sure the post is public so we can share it.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a link to the post and your address and we will send you a patch
FEATURING: Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Silencer Shop
FIND US ON: iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, GunDistrict, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Team Honey Badger, Raising Fearless Kids in a Cowardly World: www.studentofthegungear.com
A year after President Clinton called for zero tolerance of guns in the schools, 47 states and the District of Columbia have enacted laws or policies complying with the United States Education Department’s mandatory suspension of gun-carrying students. And although the policies are helping to reduce violence in the schools, it remains a problem in parts of the country, Secretary of Education Richard W. Riley said yesterday.
“We know that zero-tolerance laws work,” Mr. Riley said at a news conference in Washington, D.C. “Schools that have implemented zero-tolerance policies have seen fewer weapons in their classrooms and fewer crimes.”
Mr. Clinton signed a bill a year ago, known as the Gun-Free Schools Act, requiring that states adopt policies to expel for at least a year any student who brings a firearm to school. States would face loss of Federal money if they did not pass such policies within a year.
Even though several states, and local entities, had such policies in place before the Federal law was enacted, Mr. Riley said the strong message from the President had helped to bolster other local efforts against violence in the schools.
He said that in Dade County, Fla., which recently enacted an anti-gun policy, the number of guns seized in schools went down to 110 in the 1994-95 school year from 193 the previous year. In the Detroit public schools, 35 guns were seized in 1994-95, compared with 81 the year before.
Mr. Riley, who spoke at the Fletcher Johnson Educational Center, a public school in southeast Washington, D.C., said that only three states did not yet have policies, but that all appeared headed in that direction.
Latest posts by Zach (see all)
- SOTG 811 – Lawmaker Arrested for Spanking Child - December 19th, 2018
- SOTG 810 – Judge Calls Out Coward Deputy in Florida - December 17th, 2018
- SOTG 809 – Released Prisoner Attacks Woman in Jail Parking Lot - December 12th, 2018
- SOTG 808 – Developing a Family Defense Plan & Stop the Bleed - December 10th, 2018
- SOTG 807 – Grizzly Bears and Liberalism - December 5th, 2018